Rainforest Tour – Hidden Waterfall Hike
Take a scenic drive to the mountains north-east of Panama City, passing by lush jungle. Then hike in the forest to a waterfall surrounded by nature, with a natural stone pool to swim and relax. The hiking trail goes through the forest giving you the opportunity to observe Panama’s incredible bio-diversity. After the hike we go to lunch in a small Panamanian style restaurant for a taste of the local flavors.
- Scenic drive to the mountains.
- Swimming in a beautiful waterfall surrounded by nature.
- Panamanian typical lunch.
Price: US$120 per person | Check Availability
Small groups: 4 Min. – 8 Max.
Includes: Pick-up/drop-off from any hotel in Panama City*, land transfer, guided walk in the rainforest, waterfall swimming, bottled water, lunch, local guide fluent in English and Spanish.
*Dreams, Westin Playa Bonita, Intercontinental Playa Bonita are located outside Panama City limits. Pick-up/drop-off from these hotels is available at an extra cost of US$15 per person.
Locations: East part of Panama Province, Nusagandi Guna Protected Area.
Skill level (challenging): The hike to the waterfall takes on average 1.5 hours each way, it is possible to do for most people in good physical conditions. However, this is not a tour for everyone. You will walk and hike in a narrow dirt trail surrounded by lush vegetation, with some very steep and technical parts, mud, rocks, and slippery areas. A unique and wonderful experience, but definitely not for the faint of heart.
- 7:00 A.M. Pick-up from your hotel in Panama City.
- Land transfer to Nusagandi on the Continental Divide.
- Hike in the forest and waterfall swimming.
- Drive back and drop-off at your hotel in Panama City at around 4:00 P.M..
What to wear
- Light shirt or t-shirt.
- Light long pants (avoid jeans).
- Swim suit under your clothes.
- Hiking shoes (sandals or any other kind of open footwear are not recommended for walking in the rainforest).
- Towel and change of clothes for the ride back.
- Lunch is included on this tour; please let us know if you have dietary restrictions.
- Clothes will get wet, and they can get dirty, don’t bring anything that you “love too much”.
- Bring your passport (it is required by law in Panama to carry your passport with you at all times and there is a police check point on the way to the lake where they sometimes ask for it)
- If you want to take pictures, a waterproof camera ir recommended.
- The bathroom situation will be limited, in parts only to the great outdoors.